This is the second part of the Double Dose Tasty Tuesday! I had to make it in two different posts, I can’t quite figure out the pictures on this gypsy machine yet, but I’m sure I’ll get it down after some time!
Enjoy everyone! 🙂
2 1/3 cup flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter or margarine, soft
1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar (light or dark)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 cup powdered sugar
1-3 tablespoons milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1. Heat oven to 350. Spray or grease your pan for the bars, 13×9 pan. In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt; you can set this aside for now. The bowl just needs to be big enough to these ingredients in there.
2. In a bigger bowl (I just used the bowl to my KitchenAid mixer) beat butter until it becomes creamy. Then beat in the sugar, and brown sugar. Beat the eggs in one at a time, along with the vanilla. Beat the dry ingredients in ,with the mixer on low-speed, slowly until it is mixed well.
3. Spoon half the batter into the pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar mixture evenly over the batter.
4. Spoon the remaining batter into dollop size spoonfuls on top of the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
5. Bake 20-25 minutes or until it is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely, it took about an hour.
6. In a small bowl mix the glaze until it is smooth and can be drizzled. Drizzle over the bars, and enjoy!
I’ve been trying to find some other things I want to bake, and I’ve got my eyes on some pretty cool stuff! Fall is definitely in the air, and I love it! Let baking season begin…afterall I am becoming quite the…..BAKER! hahahaha 😉 Happy Tuesday Ya’ll!